As society becomes increasingly modern, demand for materials and product quality also increases. Instead of using pure metals, people will mix them together to form a material that is aesthetic and meets the requirements for sturdiness. When it comes to common alloy material, most people will immediately think of stainless steel. However, have you ever heard of matte stainless steel? If not, let’s find out what is matte stainless steel with Dai Duong O S S? And what is the application of this material in life?
Nội dung chính
What is matte stainless steel?
Matte or dull stainless steel has the same structure as ordinary stainless steel. The composition includes 10.5 – 20% Cr, 3.4 – 14% Ni and some other metals. The higher the chromium content, the more corrosion resistance this stainless steel will be.
The basis of the natural surface of stainless steel but more glossy and smooth. If people do not understand this type of material, they will confuse it with hairline stainless steel. However, when you look closely, you will see that the vertical scratches on it are much different from the dull surface.
How many types of matte stainless steel are there?
Basically, the number of types of matte stainless steel is the number of methods of combining metals together to form stainless steel. In which the most popular are 4 types: stainless steel 304, stainless steel 201, stainless steel 316 and stainless steel 430. Different metal components will produce different types of stainless steel.
Each type of stainless steel will have its own characteristics and uses to suit different needs. Users need to learn carefully before choosing. The highest popularity is grade 304 stainless steel, which is the raw material for many products for industry and household use.
Outstanding advantages of 304 matte stainless steel
304 stainless steel is also known under names such as SUS 304, 304 stainless steel has a Nickel content of over 8.1% and Manganese is only about 1%. 304 stainless steel is one of the best rated stainless steel today. Due to the high nickel content, the price of 304 stainless steel is not cheap. However, because of the good quality, even though the cost is high, many people still choose it. Here are some outstanding advantages of 304 stainless steel:
Good corrosion resistance
Because it does not react with acids, rust and corrosion do not appear. It can be comfortably used in machine environments, kitchens or bathrooms. It is the proportion of Chromium in the composition that gives it amazing ability.
Easy to process
The matte stainless steel in grade 304 is excellent for processing and forming capabilities. We can create many textures on the surface of the product to meet clients ‘design requirements. In addition, elasticity up to 1000Mpa provides maximum adaptability to most welding techniques.
Powder coating can be applied on the surface to create smoothness, change color to make the product more vivid and less boring.
Easy to clean
With stainless & non-stick properties, most stainless steels, including matte stainless steel, are very easy to wash and clean. It is the best choice for today’s modern kitchens.
Saving resources and protecting the environment are urgent requirements today. Choosing to use recycled products is always encouraged. Stainless steel can be recycled when not in use without losing its inherent properties.
Applications of matte stainless steel in life
Because of the metal structure, stainless steel is widely used in life.
- Because of its good corrosion resistance, matte stainless steel is widely used. Especially, popular in the advertising industry, forming braille or decorative motifs without worrying about being damaged by weather.
- In food industry, the main raw materials for making preparation tools, processing lines for alcohol, beverage, milk, etc. are all stainless steel.
- Surgical equipment, medicine cabinets, wheelchairs, medical beds, etc. are all made of stainless steel because it is durable and meets the requirements of hygiene and sterilization.
- 316 stainless steel is the raw material for products, tools and equipment used in salt, acid, etc. conditions.
- Some household appliances such as pots, pans, kitchen tools, cooking appliances… Made from matte stainless steel, are always very popular with housewives.
- One more application that cannot be ignored is used in the field of construction – design. Modern luxury kitchen spaces often used stainless steel because of safety properties and very easy to clean.
- Furniture made of stainless steel has nice brightness and sturdy so we can easily find it in households and restaurants.
Editorial Board: Dai Duong O S S